Saturday, October 16, 2010

Japan!

After Lavaman Paola and I felt really tired, so we decided to go to Japan for a week and recharge batteries for the upcoming Ironman Month. Nothing could be more away from reality! We both came back from this trip even more tired, but it was a lot of fun! I think that if my legs could talk, I would have been insulted many many times, our Hotel in Tokyo was just a couple of blocks away from the Imperial Palace and it's beautiful gardens, so it was impossible not to run it's surrounding 5k loop since the very first day we arrived, so before walking everyday for endless hours, we did our daily Imperial Run of at least 12kms.
I knew Japan was going to be interesting, but not that amazing!
We traveled by boat, by Train and we learned how to use the Subway, it might sound silly but when we first arrived to the Tokyo Train Station that's enormous and everything in Japanese you feel a little daunted, so finding your way around after a couple of days is very exciting, we were feeling just like locals! ha ha!
Our favorite place was definitely Kamakura, crossing the Sacred Bridge at Hachimango and looking at the Palace is one of a Kind Experience! Then we both felt like crying when we heard the story and saw the 1000 years Old Ginkgo tree that went down just a couple months before in a wind storm, you can see how Japanese really love that tree, they are trying soooo hard to save him, there are so many prayers in it's surroundings that it's hard no to feel the same way...... We both wrote and left there some prayers too.
Of course the food was amazing too, a little too expensive but as good as it gets!
We can't wait to go back and do a race there, I wonder what happened with Ironman Japan....
I'm still working in my 2011 Race Schedule but I don't think I will be racing in Japan in 2011, But in 2012 it might be, who knows?
I could write a lot about Japan, but it will sound like a travel website.... Boring.. 
So here are some pictures of a one of a kind trip!

Seriously...........?

I love this jumping little thing!


The view of this restaurant was Amazing!

The Big Buddha at Kamakura

Tokyo City Lights!

No comments: