Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Clearwater in 4 days, Abu Dhabi in 123 days.

I know I'm not too much of a Blogger, but I promise to do better in the future. My last hard week just finished and I'm already into the hardest week of all, the Taper week, I don't know but for me is easier to go out and train like a maniac than train with certain limits, I really feel like an animal in a zoo. I guess that must be a good sign..... Ha Ha....


I was about to sign up for IM Langkawi, and Paola was about to start the travel arrangements to our trip to Malaysia and also to Bangkok, so there we were with our laptops on, and our index fingers ready to start clicking when we find out about this new Triathlon in Abu Dhabi, and we just couldn't resist.

The Abu Dhabi International Triathlon http://www.abudhabitriathlon.com/

Abu Dhabi seem "fantastique" just like Ben says, the race course is irresistible, and Dubai another place that we were planning on visiting soon, is just an hour by car, so after a couple of minutes I was already signed in, and Paola was taking care of the travel itinerary.

The Race date is March 13, 2010 and the unique distance of the main race will be a 3km swim, 200km bike ride and 20km run, all around of one of the most amazing cities in the world, so this race, as they say it's already an Instant Classic and a "must" for my 2010 season.


The presentation of the race was set up at the Abu Dhabi Shangri-La Hotel, where we will be staying, it was presented by Faisal Al Sheik, head of the ADTA (Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority) Faris Al-Sultan 2005 Ironman world Champion, and John Hazan, race director of the Inaugural Abu Dhabi International Triathlon.




As for the "Amazing course" the opening swim leg takes place in the lagoon of the Grandiose Emirates Palace Hotel http://www.emiratespalace.com/ one of the most luxurious Hotels in the World.



The Bike passes many of Abu Dhabi's iconic sights including The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, before moving onto Yas Island, home of the recent F1 Grand Prix, and yes, the bike course takes in the impressive Grand Prix course, so imagine just riding onto that same ground where just a week ago Sebastian Vettel in his RBR Renault won the last F1 race of the 2009 season.

After the 200kms bike ride in a course that will be completely cosed off to traffic and thus setting the stage for a very safe event.
"The race will be quite flat and fast, but it'll be windy and hot" said Faris Al-Sultan at the press conference.
So Yes! I can repeat like in my last post that 2010 is already here, I guess that if you want to be competitive it's not only about training, resting and eating right, there's also planning, marketing and all the stuff managers do, so I guess I can say I already have a manager, Paola.

Well........ I will go back to my taper day ( I have a massage appointment soon ) and then start to focus for Clearwater that's just 4 days from today!

No comments: