Thursday, June 21, 2012

Recovery


It's been 9 months since I partnered a Sponsorship deal with Normatec MVP Recovery Boots, and here's what I can tell you.
The very first time that I tried them I loved the feeling, it felt like getting fresh legs instantly. But how you can really tell after using them only a few times?
Well....... It was October, and at that time my idea of Racing Ironman was still a long term plan since I've always had issues with injuries when I tried to pack Long Distance running into my Schedule, lets say I had to made it work with not to much running...
The fresh legs after using the boots were 100% real and soon in November I was doing double and triple Run Workouts. My weekly mileage double in just a couple of months, The idea of Ironman now seemed much more realistic.
I started using them after workouts, but now I use then up to 4 times in a day, so many programs & levels to choose from, a 20 minute Recovery Flush is the program I choose to start a hard day of training while I drink my coffee in the morning, then throughout the day I choose accordingly after my workouts, also before going to bed is a good time to slow down the body with it's magic.
The Normatec Sleeves are as amazing as the boots, nothing better after a 7k swim!!
The Proof:


I did my first Ironman in Texas last May 19, where I went 10:08 (58min Swim, 5:08 Bike & 3:55 Run) 2 Weeks later I was racing Ironman 70.3 Honu where I came off the Bike just 35 guys behind Lance and managed to finish 55th Overall, It might not seem impressive at all, but my recovery was pretty damn good, I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without Normatec MVP Boots & Sleeves.
They are definitely a weapon against your competition.

No comments: