Monday, June 28, 2010

The Aloha Way

kama'aina Means A native-born or longtime Island resident in Hawaiian, I know that we might not be there yet, but Paola and I surely feel that we belong here. It's been almost two months, and it just keeps getting better and better, it's not about updating my blog in the Lanai with a beautiful Ocean View, it's not about the Kona coffee that I drink in Industrial quantities, and it's not even the Dolphins we get to see every other day at the ocean swims or at the Paddleboard.
It's the air of happiness, the air of easy going that you breath in here. I know that every place in the world have a little of everything, good and bad, pros and cons. Who else might now more about that, than us? that in last few years, we've been very tempted to move to 4 different cities in the USA and Europe, we finally ended up choosing Kona, and I'm glad we did.

We've found here the perfect mix between all of the things we like, the sports culture is impressive, everyone is into some kind of sport, no matter the age, don't get me wrong dear Konians (I have no idea if this name is right) but it look like no one works here, and what I mean is that it looks like everyone is having so much fun all the time, even if they are at work, they simply enjoy life (there are some exceptions of course) But for the most, every day of the week seems like a weekend.
This is why it's the right place for us =)

Our days are simple, I could write for hours of deep thoughts and feelings, that you might discover when you find your peace or your ZEN....... but without entering philosophical waters........The equation for us...... is very easy:
Sun, Sea Breeze, Wind, Stars, Coffee, Swims at the Ocean, Paddleboard, Coffee, Great Food, Swims at Kona Aquatics, Naps, Lava Java, Sushi, Beaches, Great Bike Rides, Runs, Coffee again =) Sunsets and Sunrises, this is the Aloha way.
And with all this good vibe comes good people, we've always thought that we were meant to be us against the rest of the world, but now we feel more alike, less lonely and not at war, and that's a great feeling.

About triathlon training, it's been 20 months already since I started training seriously (not just 3 or 4 times a week) and if someone have told me before that I would be here after 20 months I might have never believed, but now I do, I'm feeling great and I'm sure I have room to improve, and in the way have the time of my life.

Even now that I can't run because I hurt my knee while falling in the Paddleboard, I'm still enjoying my life, the moment, and I know that my knee will eventually heal, just like other things in life, it's a life flow, it's Karma, and the only thing we can do to change the future is the present. "oops again philosophical" Sorry...... This heart beat is for my son Jonatan ( I can't wait for you to come to Hawaii, Son)


So this week, I took it easy just as recommended, Monday was rest day with Massage, and the rest of the week just swimming and ez on the bike, so I did 4 times the Ironman swim course, the masters at Kona Aquatics and some time chasing dolphins that ended up being 23km or 14 miles of swimming, Plus 350km or 217 miles of biking, including one of the best rides I've ever done, Kona to Hawi by the Queen K, then up (really up) to Waimea and returning back to Kona, via The Belt Road, 6 hours of endless and drastic changes of the riding conditions, just plain beautiful!

No comments: