Monday, March 1, 2010

My better Half.


Today I'm feeling good because is hard for me to even climb the steps in my house. That's a good sign in your day off with just some days to go, till the next race.


It's been a long wait and lots of hard work since my last Half Ironman at the Worlds in Clearwater last November, but I have this nice feeling that I did my job.

And is in this time off that I've been thinking a lot in my other half, the best one, my better Half... Paola.

I really know how lucky I am to have someone like Paola by my side, in this last few months I know I've been like a maniac, full of energy in the morning and depleted in the afternoon, I know the bipolar mood changes we triathletes have while training, and it's amazing to realize how easy she changes to good, something that for other couples can be hard.

I have to give her credit for pushing me to train when I needed to train, and holding me back when I needed to rest, I've always relied a lot in listening to my body, but I think she might have a super coach soul inside, she can actually read me better than I do, she's been taking care of my nutrition and even my hours of sleep.

So this last few months the correct way to say it, is "We've done the work, now lets RACE"

I know that this nice feeling won't last long, and it will turn into butterflies in the stomach, I know it's going to feel like that because of the same long waiting, also because it will be, by far..........my longest race ever.

This year "we" decided that my goal was Kona, and this is the first step, I know that the whole road is going be tough, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. I'm starting to think that I like pain ( maybe just like every triathlete, ha ha)

In this last few months I discovered that I really like the long distance, maybe it's too soon to say that, but at least I like training for it, lets hope I can say that after I cross the finish line.

After Abu Dhabi, a new chapter in my life will begin, and it has the M-dot written all over.

I might never have the M-dot tattoo, but with the new training surely it is already stamped under my skin.

It's not only the Ironman race that made Hawaii so special for me and for Paola, there's something about the Island and it's Ohana, that makes you never want to leave that place, Paola felt the same, so in May, we will be arriving with plenty of time to make a good training camp for the Honu 70.3 (that's the next step) So the 2010 year ride starts now..........

This month there will be a Kiwami advertise in the French Triathlete Magazine, where I will be using the new Konami Trisuit, Super comfortable, by the way!
Check it out:
I love what they wrote in the Ad, I just can't get it out of my head. And I don't want to, I love it!

I hope I can buy the magazine in the Zurich Airport.
.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Super Post Jano!!!!

Qué gusto poder leerlo y conocer a Paola a través tuyo!!!!

Un abrazo grande