Friday, December 4, 2009

Destination: Ali'i Drive

I guess that I knew it since mt first year as a triathlete, Ali'i Drive will be, sooner or later, my final destination.

In 2005 I was there for the first time in Ironman week, but I wasn't racing IM, the previous week, I competed in the ITU Worlds in Honolulu, so the jump to the Big Island was a must.
It was really exciting to see the most important Triathlon in the world, Since I was also writing an article for a Sports Magazine, I was privileged to carry a Media Pass, the result was a great article and great pictures. Even with that, I really didn't catch the bug of racing at Kona.

It was until this year "2009" and after riding the Queen K plenty of times, racing at Ironman Honu 70.3 in May, and once doing the whole 180kms starting from the Lava Java, Hawi, and back to Kona, when I started thinking seriously to qualify and then come back to Race the "Ironman World Championship"
I've just signed for Ironman Louisville, Kentucky, it's still a long time away from this day, but I can already feel the difference, every Ironman is tough, and Louisville is not an exception, I know that first, I have to qualify against the best of the world, but I already have the "Bug"
So the switch is ON!

Even that I will be training for every race I enter, this 2010 the main goal IS KONA!
is Ali'i Drive!


No comments: